Can you not open a newspaper or turn on the TV without hearing more bad news? You'd think the world is coming to an end or something. We just see it all over now, don't we? In our conversations with friends and family, not one passed without comments on the economy and how terrible things are.
But you know what, comes with every hardship there are things to be learned and treasured. Our lives are changing, but it is changing for the better.
Here are five reasons why:
1) We waste less. Seriously, we've been spending too much, wasting too much, eating too much. Cutting back is not a bad thing.
2) We learn to buy less and buy better. It's so much better to buy one good thing than ten junky things anyway.
3) We value more important things than money. This is the time when we appreciate our health, our friends and our family more than ever.
4) We start to recognize than there are others in the world beside ourselves; that we are all inter-connected and our actions affect us all.
5) We simplify our lives--and isn't that a better way to live?